Monday, February 9, 2009

Castrol EDGE Sport Speed Challenge

This ad caught my eye. Actually, I think it was more of the girls that caught my eyes. =P

It's an ad of the Castrol EDGE Sport Speed Challenge.


Clicked it to see what it was all about. Looks like Castrol is promoting their EDGE range of fully synthetic oils. Pretty interesting way to come about it I must say. The ladies definitely caught my eyes and they succeed in getting me on to their website.


I was wondering where I have seen all of this before and then I saw this...

Hmm, 700bhp?!

Anyway, upon inspecting the website, I found out that there is an ongoing weekly competition whereby visitors visit the site and view videos of 4 teams completing a task, with a new video of a new team each week. Viewers are then asked to guess how long it took the teams to complete their tasks and the overall closest guess for all 4 videos wins.

Here's a video of the first team, 'Hot Chicks', which I found simply hilarious by the way. So typical...


My guess was 1 hour and 45 minutes for them to do an oil change although they probably might have taken longer. I am giving them the benefit of the doubt. *laughs* Results should be out on the 18th this month and I am actually curious to know how long these ladies took to do it.

Another 3 more teams to view, although I think all the guys are more interested in the 'Sweet Young Things'.


Hop over and check it out. It's worth a quick look. They're giving away some pretty cool prizes, a 37" Sony LCD screen, to and 8gb iPod touch, to a PS3. Even so, I must admit I am more curious of the results of their time than the prizes. *laughs*

The Castrol EDGE Sport Speed Challenge.

2 comments ¨¨¨¨¨:

3R1C said...

ya not interested in the prizes probably you already have them all. hahaha.. that GTR looks real familiar.

Leonard Foong said...

Hey Eric,
Nah, I don't have them all.. =)
Yeah, that Troy Adams' GT-R is familiar. Always see it in ads.

Blog Archive