Sunday, October 12, 2008

'Domo' no more

While I was back in Malaysia, I bought a Domo doll.


For those of you who don't know who Domo kun is, Domo is Japan's NHK television mascot and appears in several 30 second stop-motion animations as station identification during shows.


Gaining much popularity, it has been anounced in 2006 that Domo kun has been in developement by Nickelodeon to be aired in the United States early 2008.

Recently, I was at a Target store and I was surprised to see Domo kun in Halloween motifs. I realized that Target is using the character as the theme of its 2008 Halloween promotions! I guess Domo kun is penetrating the US market.

Anyway, I got Domo kun to be a mascot in my car back during the summer. However, I guess it's become too popular and it seems to me like everyone in Kuala Lumpur in the world is doing the same thing. Not wanting to be one of them, I've decided not to have Domo kun in the car.




I've found a new mascot for my car.... It's no other than Kon from Bleach! *laughs*


Kon is the perverted lion plushie from the anime and manga Bleach and serves primarily as the comedic foil and mascot of the series. How befitting as I'm Leonard and also born under the star sign Leo (although I'm no pervert like Kon). *laughs* So I went ahead and got two Kon plushes.

I kinda like this one better. Has more character. Cute huh.


5 comments ¨¨¨¨¨:

Da Devil said...

lolz...my car oso got hang a domokun....wakaka...guess it is getting much more and more attention ady...haiz...

Leonard Foong said...

Yup, looks like everyone has one in their cars. I hope no one has a Kon in their car. *laughs*

Da Devil said...

well...kon...till nw...i juz had seen 1 inside a kelisa b4...wakaka...den,nw is ur car...haha

LM said...

Mn..... may i say this kon also popular now? haha my friends also got bought it too but don't know will he put into his car or not hahaha cheers leo:)

Leonard Foong said...

Really?! Dammit...

Blog Archive