Thursday, July 3, 2008

Aerodynamics Mishap

After fitting in the new filter elements, I thought it would be nice to take the car out for a blast. My best friend Johan, had a flight to catch at LCCT so , I thought, why not. Picked him up and I was taking it easy till I got to the stretch leading to the LCCT airport. Pushed the car to 240kmh and then it happened....

My fucking diffuser flew off! The people who touched up the paint on my car did not fasten it properly. Some screws were not there. This is so pissing off! It literary split in two. I had nothing to hold it in to place and it was being dragged on the ground as I drove her to a stop. I had to look for some straps (fortunately!) to hold them up in place. Dropped my best bud off at the airport and limped all the way home at 80kmh. Argh!




5 comments ¨¨¨¨¨:

:: Nicole.F :: said...

oh my.. there goes the.. er... 2k diffuser?? :P

Leonard Foong said...

I wish it was 2k. Would get a replacement in an instant. Unfortunately, it's more like 4-5k.

Eu Jin said...

Gulp! That's a damn costly affair!

Eugene said...

This sucks... paying for other people's mistakes... I'd be jumping through the roof if it happened to me...

3R1C said...

damn that's bad to hear. hope it can be fixed. some shops are really irresponsible sometimes.

Blog Archive