Thursday, September 23, 2010

Trip to Singapore for the Formula 1 GP - Day One


This trip had been planned months ahead but I almost skipped it because it was too close to the days I have events to work on as well as the opening of Brotzeit in Mid Valley. Up till the very last minute, I was set on not going but thanks to my good bunch of friends, they convinced me get my ass on that plane! *laughs* I'm very, very glad I went. The trip, although very tiring, was very refreshing. A good change of surroundings and environment.

Anyway, I rushed home from the office around 3pm to get my stuff packed before making my way to the airport. Traffic was slow but I got there in time for the flight...

Took the time to test out the iPhone 4's camera and video recording capabilities too... All of these were shot with it.

Leaving, on a jet plane...

Checked into the Le Grove Serviced apartments on Orange Grove Road, got changed, and headed out to party!

I had no idea where we were going or what was planned. Just tagged along. Johan got us tickets to the Avalon at Large - GO!, a 2 day music festival during the Singapore GP Season. I didn't know what to expect at first but it turned out to be good fun.

We got our drink coupons before going in. $100 Singapore Dollars per book and it wasn't enough drinks for a person for the night! Booze in Singapore is not cheap! Made our way inside and I was greeted with this...

All this was in an air conditioned environment. It was not hot, sticky or sweaty at all. No smoking indoors so it didn't feel like it was suffocating either. Very pleasant experience!

Damnnn, some party huh!

Clip, clip...


Made our way to the stage area...

Check out the clip...


Not long after, Flo Rida performed! Shot a clip...


The rest wanted a ciggy break, so we made our way out to the smoking area. Singapore so you only smoke at designated areas!

Right next to the Marina Sands Hotel.

After a couple of beers and cigarettes, we went back in. Found a weird guy stretching and lunging. Didn't think much of it until he took off his shirt and started doing really weird poses...


We made our way back to the stage area and this time, Steve Aoki was spinning. This dude was really pumpin'. Awesome stuff!


A couple of clips...






0 comments ¨¨¨¨¨:

Blog Archive