Monday, November 2, 2009

Recap - Halloween

Halloween in Malaysia has always been quiet. It isn't a very celebrated occasion over here and I was surprised to see this so many people celebrating it this year.

Alena planned a "H" is for Halloween! costume party in Barsonic, Zouk. There was a V.A.M.P, Vampires and Monsters Party theme at Zouk going on too and apparently a Best Costume prize of RM1000 for the best look.



The place was packed as heck so I have no idea how they judged the costumes but many went dressed. I had to queue for a whole 45 minutes to get into Barsonic on top of the hour it took me to get there and park my bloody car!

Pictures borrowed from klubbkidd.com.


The day before, Johan and I were busting our heads on what costume to wear and where to get them. Something that begins with the letter 'H'. Hmm...

Johan wanted to go as Hattori Hanzo so we were scouring for a samurai outfit. He managed to find a costume from the anime, Bleach instead and went as the character Hitsugaya Tōshirō. *laughs*

Tania of 'Lipstick Stains' went as a Harajuku girl.

I on the other hand had no idea what to go as. I found a Hannibal Lecter costume which I thought might work but the straight jacket was in fact just a large white pajamas looking thing and the most important part of the costume, the mask, was missing. Eventually, the costume rental bloke suggested I go as a 'Hantu Cina'. Well, why not.... =P



Bite, bite, bite! About to chomp in to Su Ann

Even got the nails done in black with a tinge of grey.

Drink, drink!

Charmz, Tania (Lipstick Stains) and Su Ann, the Harajuku Girls.

It was so packed, I think I missed Mariya. Here she is with Alena. *laughs*

The whole of Zouk was swamped with people and I can confidently say almost 90% of the people in Barsonic were dressed up! It looked like I was the only 'Hantu Cina' around and couple of people even stopped me to take pictures. *laughs*

After a while, we decided to head to Rootz at Lot 10 instead. It wasn't as packed, not as many people dressed up, but I think I had a bit more fun there. Was jumping around till 4.30am and the music was still playing.

Picture borrowed from Cynthia Lim's 'Cynfashion' blog. (I think many guys would enjoy 'checking out' her blog. *grin*)

Met other friends at Rootz... Here's Kal in a pilot's uniform that he borrowed and Nisa.

Plenty more pictures were taken but I didn't have my camera with me so I shall have to wait for the owners. Already looking forward to next years Halloween! Dressing up in costumes are silly and a whole lot of fun.

So... what did you do on Halloween?

5 comments ¨¨¨¨¨:

LM said...

Leo,
Wor... you are good in costume play(cosplay):)

Leonard Foong said...

Prince,
*laughs* Thanks man. Did you dress up?

Victor Eian said...

Never thought Leo can be so playful... always ingat he's a serious guy... looking good in Pontianak costumes.. lol

LM said...

Nope, I having wedding dinner that day:( By the way is that you make up by yourself?

Leonard Foong said...

Victor Eian,
Cannot be too serious in life. It's too short! *laughs* Thanks man. It was put together at the very last minute but I'm glad it turned out alright. =)

Prince,
Ahh, okay. Yeah. Had to do it myself.

Blog Archive