Tuesday, March 10, 2009

GT-R made to look like GTT

Since every GTT out there is being made to look like a GT-R, I've decided to do the opposite...


I've changed the Reverse and Fog Light from this...


To this...


GTT's have two clear lights beside the license plate. Like such...


Unlike GTT's, the reason why GT-R's have the left one clear and the right one red is because, the right one acts as a Fog Light while the left one is a Reverse Light.

Of course, there are exceptions. The BNR34 N1 has two clear ones as well. These N1's were sold without ABS, air conditioning, audio equipment, rear wiper, or carpet in the trunk and only about 50 were made of which 12 were used by Nismo in the Super Taikyu. Just like the one Mine's uses as their demo car.
As you can see, the lights on the Mine's car are both white too...


So, why did I do it you might ask. Well, I've fitted LED's in them. Now the whole rear of the car is lit up by LED's. The registration plate light bulb has yet to be replaced by an LED but I think I will leave it as it is for some contrast.

She still retains the amber Fog Light.


Now, when you put her in to reverse, both lights light up as reverse lamps!


I'm still not digging the clear lights so they will be smoked to match the rest of the car's exterior soon. So, only my Side Signal Lamps and Front Signal Lamps left to be LED'ed. *laughs*

Here's a short video, as well as a little preview of what she sounds like now...

7 comments ¨¨¨¨¨:

3R1C said...

Dude, at first I was like WTF u did that. But since the fog lights remain and u gonna smoked them, I'm agreeing with your idea. NICE!

LM said...

GTT? I was thinking which part will you made like GTT *shocks*. But what i has see now, she looks pretty than previous haha. Will be more pretty after all light become LED HAHA!!!

Eu Jin said...

Nice touch bro.
ORC clutch? :)

Leonard Foong said...

Eu Jin, yup.

THMdD said...

is it a Hummel next to ur R34..?

Leonard Foong said...

Yes, that's a Hummer H3 THMdD

Unknown said...

Hey Leo, any chance you could point a fellow R34 to where we can possibly source some of these LED reverse lights?

Blog Archive