Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Mapped.

My brother, Aaron, sent some updates to my email. Looks like the turbines, ecu and injectors have been installed successfully and it has been mapped by Mr. Jun Furukawa who was previously based in A'PEXi, A.P Engineering. Apparently, he was partly involved in the development of the Apexi Power FC.





Here's a short clip Aaron sent me while it was being mapped.


I requested for a tune focusing on response and torque instead of horsepower, with a low boost of 1.2 bar and high boost of 1.5 or 1.6 bar. Unfortunately, according to Mr. Furukawa, the fueling capabilities of my car weren't sufficient enough to support that so I had to settle for 1.3bar instead which is a little disappointing as I have seen many other cars on the net with similar setups without problems achieving what I wanted.

Here's what my power curves looks like from a Hyper Power dynamometer.


Should I be pleased with the results or should I be disappointed?

5 comments ¨¨¨¨¨:

ckwei said...

you should be pleased that a pro has given you a solid excuse to further upgrade your car. :P

Leonard Foong said...

Not really, it's not a big enough modification to justify the cost of having a Japanese tuner come down and map the car again.

3R1C said...

another mod coming the way :p

man i dun ask for a Nur. i'll be real happy if i can afford a GTR.
gotta take my pill now...

Leonard Foong said...

No more mods for now... I'm just going to enjoy what has been done so far. =)

AZT said...

did u get the amount of response and torque u wanted?

if yes then you should be well pleased. but if not, theres always next time! :)

Blog Archive