Thursday, October 2, 2008

Grand Theft Auto IV, Devil May Cry 4 and Speed Racer on Blue Ray

I recently purchased two games and a movie for the PS3. Grand Theft Auto IV, Devil May Cry 4 and Speed Racer on Blue Ray.



Grand Theft Auto IV is one of the best games released to date and I can honestly say I am hooked on to it.


I loved Grand Theft Auto III, which was a revolutionary title which inspired a whole new generation games and brought them to a whole new level. Grand Theft Auto IV is just as great, setting higher benchmarks for games of this genre.


This is an Ultra Violent game and it specifically states 'Mature Only 17+' on the box. I got carded buying this game (yes, I know I look like a kid). There are plenty of adult content in this game with references to drugs, sex and plenty of violence so if you're not the kind of person to stomach such, I wouldn't recommend this title to you, otherwise, go get a copy!


I have been following the Devil May Cry series from the older consoles so it was only natural to pick up the latest installment to the series. Devil May Cry 4 shy's away from the usual main character, Dante and focus might be more on a new character, Nero.




Game play is pretty much the same and is still has everything that fans expect of the game. It's still a pretty entertaining title, easy to pick up, pop it in and just start hacking away.


Speed Racer is actually an English adaptation of the popular Japanese anime and manga Mach GoGoGo and is centered around automobile racing. I had been watching it since I was a kid so it was only natural for me to be a little excited when I heard the Wachowski Brothers were writing and directing a live-action adaptation of Speed Racer.


Not many people were a big fan of the movie Speed Racer after seeing the trailer. Most people I asked to go see it with me gave me the “I’m sure it will look good, but it won’t be good,” line. I remember watching the movie with a little bit of skepticism because of that. After watching it, guess what haters? I actually liked it.
I got the Blue Ray Disc to enjoy it's visual banquet of frenetic cinematography and editing. Although the plot and the acting aren't exactly the best, the performances are still entertaining.


Visually though, it’s absolutely incredible. The scenes are arresting, breathtaking with explosions of color. The style; the wardrobe... excellent.

6 comments ¨¨¨¨¨:

farizio said...

dude, if you need any pointers on GTA let me know nyeh heh heh

Leonard Foong said...

Thanks Fariz. I'm pretty much done with it already. =)

LM said...

Leo, nice game you bought. I had heard a lot good comment about GTA and DMC4, both games are top GAME haha COOL^^. How about Speed Racer, nice to play?

Leonard Foong said...

Cheers prince.
Umm, if you can read, Speed Racer is a movie, not a game.

LM said...

Yeap, I just saw the "MOVIE" from top there. Just over enjoying the game that you wrote it, so missing up the "MOVIE" there.

Cheers:)

:: Nicole.F :: said...

wah! i thought going back to san fran is going 'back to school'.. u still on holiday mood?? hahahaha..

Blog Archive