Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Project "Kermit": Progress so far...

Now that the festive season is finally over, "Kermit" can finally get some work done on it...

Car has been sent back to get the diffuser painted and some other miscellaneous stuff sorted.

I also managed to find this brand new wing/spoiler on ebay. The title says "Alta Performance Mini Cooper R53 Carbon Fiber Roof Spoiler" but upon closer inspection, I believe it's a JCW item! It was being let go for US $399.99 which I think is a steal now that this is a discontinued product.



Alas I was too late and someone had already purchased it. I got in touch with the seller anyway to see if they had anymore left but unfortunately, it was their only one. The buyer had 3 days to make payment and if no payment was received, they told me they'd contact me.

So, I thought I had missed a bargain but it turns out a week later, they shot me a message saying that the buyer flaked them and it was now back for sale. I snapped it up in an instant. All in all, I paid US $453.84 after the inclusion of shipping which is about RM1400 and if I'm not mistaken, it costs in a ball park range of RM3500 now because of it being discontinued.

It has already been shipped and now I wait patiently for its arrival!

The diffuser has been color coded black. I think it looks much better this way.



I've also managed to get my hands on a used M7 Carbon Fiber Front Splitter. Can't wait to put it on too...



0 comments ¨¨¨¨¨:

Blog Archive